Arts Team Administrator – UK Leeds
Come serve with WEC's growing cross-cultural arts ministry, ArtsRelease. The main purpose of this vital role is to provide administrative expertise, to assist the ministry's International and UK Leaders in developing this ministry in the UK, across Europe and globally.
Help the team to 'reach the unreached, worshipping, discipling, training and mobilising - all through the arts'.
More about ArtsRelease
Qualities & Gifts Sought
Keen interest in the seeing the arts used in mission. Strong practical and administrative gifts. Up-to-date skills in IT and bookkeeping. Experience in arts and cross-cultural mission desirable but not essential.
Our ref 8433
About Arts in Mission
Arts Release is a collective of creative arts specialists who love Jesus and people of other cultures. We enjoy expressing God's love through various art forms. Some of them have professional arts training and others have picked up skills on the way.
Some of the team are full-time, others part-time. They are currently based in England, France and Germany but can travel extensively.
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city is London, a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million, of whom 57% consider themselves Christian, but probably 7.91% are evangelical. The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are considered unreached.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. We are committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.