Arts Team Leader – UK
This team's vision is to 'reach the unreached, worshipping, discipling, training and mobilising - all through the arts'. Could you play this pivotal leadership role in WEC's UK ArtsRelease team? This is a strategic role and will oversee WEC's growing cross-cultural arts ministry in Leeds, Manchester and London.
As UK Leader could be involved in you own artistic ministry and this is to be encouraged, especially where this has clear cross-cultural and facilitative dimensions. However, the main role will be to oversee the full-time UK team, based in Leeds, plus the part-time associates and volunteers around the UK and new teams which join.
The role involves providing direction, communicating, networking, caring; strategising and developing new projects.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
Cross-cultural missions training and experience vital, preferably with an arts focus. Leadership experience also crucial. Proven ability to mentor and guide interns. Excellent administrative skills, as well as a willingness to travel.
Minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Training in ethnodoxology required before or soon after appointment. Experience of public speaking would be useful in order to promote and communicate the work of WEC's ArtsRelease.
Our ref 8432
About Arts in Mission
Arts Release is a group of creative arts specialists who love Jesus and people of other cultures. The team enjoys expressing God's love through various art forms. Some have professional arts training and others have picked up skills on the way.
Some team members are full-time, others part-time. They are currently based in England, France and Germany but they also travel extensively.
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city London, is a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union.
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
Religious worldviews and unreached peoples in the UK
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million. 57% profess to be Christian and of those 7.91% are Evangelical. Other main religions and belief systems include: Islam - 4.1%, Hinduism - 2.8%, Pagan religions - 0.7%, Buddhism - 0.4%, Non-religious - 34.5%.
The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are currently unreached with the hope of the gospel.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC in the UK
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. WEC UK is committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team;
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure;
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.
Please pray with us for:
integration and support for refugees and immigrants
– a national awakening
– local churches sharing the good news of Jesus
– youth and childrens' work
[Operation World, 2010 print edition]
You can also pray for the UK using the online resource: Operation World.