Camp Kitchen Staff – England
Join a team of WEC Camps staff preparing meals for one of two youth camps on the English coast. WEC Camps aim to give young people of all backgrounds a life-changing experience. The camps have a strong Christian ethos, combining Bible teaching, a world focus and lots of good fun.
Help out with other tasks like doing cleaning, teaching craft or sewing, organising outdoor sports and games, cover life guarding or other security duties, first aid, administration or maintenance. Choice of three weeks in August 2018.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
No catering qualifications needed, but food hygiene training certification is appreciated. You enjoy serving through practical ministry. Must be 17 or over to apply (no upper age limit).
Our ref 8704
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city London, is a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union.
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
Religious worldviews and unreached peoples in the UK
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million. 57% profess to be Christian and of those 7.91% are Evangelical. Other main religions and belief systems include: Islam - 4.1%, Hinduism - 2.8%, Pagan religions - 0.7%, Buddhism - 0.4%, Non-religious - 34.5%.
The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are currently unreached with the hope of the gospel.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC in the UK
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. WEC UK is committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team;
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure;
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.
Please pray with us for:
integration and support for refugees and immigrants
– a national awakening
– local churches sharing the good news of Jesus
– youth and childrens' work
[Operation World, 2010 print edition]
You can also pray for the UK using the online resource: Operation World.