Charity Shop Manager – UK Midlands
We dream of reaching the indigenous and growing South Asian population in our area. This charity shop in the Midlands gives us the opportunity to share the gospel relationally with local people.
Could you manage the shop and lead this evangelistic ministry forward? You will supervise a team of volunteers, handle stock, keep financial records and also establish an area where enquirers can sit and talk to team members.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
Qualification in business administration or previous experience in running a shop essential. Experience of leading a team very desirable.
Our ref 1843
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city is London, a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million, of whom 57% consider themselves Christian, but probably 7.91% are evangelical. The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are considered unreached.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. We are committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.