Copywriter – UK
WEC UK is looking for a talented Copywriter to produce sparkling written content for the mission's print and digital media.
By telling our stories you will play a vital part in resourcing prayer and recruitment for our mission work. We need you to help us communicate what God is doing through WEC across the world.
Experience of news gathering and interviewing would be ideal.
Responsibilities include: writing features and news items for WEC’s magazines and website. Conduct and write up interviews of WEC personnel to tell their stories.
You will be part of the Media and Communications team.
If you have a track record in writing engaging, creative, and informative copy for diverse media and audiences, we’d love to hear from you!
Qualities & Gifts Sought
Proven ability to write for a range of audiences and media. You’ll have an eye for a good story and an excellent eye for detail.
Fluent English and excellent verbal communication skills are a must.
You’ll have capacity to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks. The ability to work with other members of WEC and with the media team is essential.
Ideally you will have a journalistic background and a relevant degree.
Sub-editing skills would also be great.
We'd love you to be based at our Coventry headquarters working as part of a growing creative team. We will also consider work from home.
Hours will be to suit your situation. This role can be part- or full-time.
There are lots of ways to join WEC: you can partner with us, go short term, or be an Associate. Let's talk – we need you!
Our ref 10437
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city London, is a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union.
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
Religious worldviews and unreached peoples in the UK
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million. 57% profess to be Christian and of those 7.91% are Evangelical. Other main religions and belief systems include: Islam - 4.1%, Hinduism - 2.8%, Pagan religions - 0.7%, Buddhism - 0.4%, Non-religious - 34.5%.
The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are currently unreached with the hope of the gospel.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC in the UK
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. WEC UK is committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team;
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure;
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.
Please pray with us for:
integration and support for refugees and immigrants
– a national awakening
– local churches sharing the good news of Jesus
– youth and childrens' work
[Operation World, 2010 print edition]
You can also pray for the UK using the online resource: Operation World.