Copywriter – UK
WEC is looking for a talented Copywriter to produce sparkling written content for its print and digital media. You will be a vital part of the Media and Communications team in the UK, sharing stories of what God is doing through WEC across the world.
If you have a track record in writing engaging, informative copy for diverse media and audiences, we’d love to hear from you. Experience of news gathering, interviewing and of using a wide range of web and social media platforms would also be useful.
Responsibilities include writing features and short news items for WEC’s magazine and website, regular interviews of WEC personnel, and producing content for our social media channels.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
Proven ability to write for a range of audiences and media. You’ll have an eye for a good story. Fluent English and excellent verbal communication skills are a must. You’ll have ability to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks. Editing skills are desirable, as well as a growing interest in world mission.
A relevant degree is helpful but not essential. This role could be full-time or part-time, depending on your circumstances. The role could be based in Coventry (or you could work from home).
Our ref 10437
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city is London, a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million, of whom 57% consider themselves Christian, but probably 7.91% are evangelical. The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are considered unreached.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. We are committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.