Discipler alongside those addicted (Betel internship) – UK
This is hands-on discipleship! Be Jesus to those longing to be free from addiction by working, living and worshipping alongside those whose broken lives are being restored.
Betel offers short and long-term internships opportunities to serve on worship teams, apply business skills in Betel’s charitable businesses, and more.
Whatever your skill, Betel’s diverse ministry environment will put it to work. Betel provides its workers with free board and lodging as a working member of our community.
More about internships with Betel betelinterns.org
Qualities & Gifts Sought
Betel offers short and long-term internship opportunities. We recommend a 6-month commitment for the maximum benefit of our internship programme.
Our ref 7565e
Since starting up in Spain in 1985, Betel has become a global phenomenon, now established in over 80 cities in 21 countries worldwide. In each Betel residential centre, people struggling with addictions are inducted into a caring Christian community and nurtured back to wholeness.
Learn more about Betel UK
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city is London, a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million, of whom 57% consider themselves Christian, but probably 7.91% are evangelical. The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are considered unreached.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. We are committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.