Editor – UK
We are looking for a talented Editor to ensure our UK publications are fresh, accurate and highly engaging. You will be integral to the Media and Communications team, sharing stories of what God is doing across the world through WEC. Your responsibilities include commissioning and editing content for WEC’s magazine, and managing its production. You will liaise with the editorial team to help generate lively content.
You will also write content for other publications and literature that the team produce. You would probably work from home, but come to the HQ in Coventry to join the Media and Communications team for planning meetings.
A willingness to visit WEC's projects and teams UK (or even abroad) to gather stories would also be helpful. Hours to suit your situation, either part- or full-time. You can partner with us, come short-term, or become an Associate. We are flexible; let's talk about the options.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
This role would suit an individual with experience of journalism, production management, and you will have exceptional writing skills.
You will be self-motivated, and a strong communicator with the capacity to work to strict deadlines. A relevant degree is desirable. Fluent spoken and written English are essential, as are proven editing, and writing ability.
Experience of cross-cultural mission would be very helpful. Use your God-given gifts to serve in mission – we need you!
Our ref 10367
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city London, is a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union.
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
Religious worldviews and unreached peoples in the UK
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million. 57% profess to be Christian and of those 7.91% are Evangelical. Other main religions and belief systems include: Islam - 4.1%, Hinduism - 2.8%, Pagan religions - 0.7%, Buddhism - 0.4%, Non-religious - 34.5%.
The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are currently unreached with the hope of the gospel.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC in the UK
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. WEC UK is committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team;
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure;
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.
Please pray with us for:
integration and support for refugees and immigrants
– a national awakening
– local churches sharing the good news of Jesus
– youth and childrens' work
[Operation World, 2010 print edition]
You can also pray for the UK using the online resource: Operation World.