Editor – UK
WEC UK is looking for a talented Editor to ensure its publications are fresh, accurate and highly engaging. You will be integral to the Media and Communications team, sharing stories of what God is doing across the world through WEC.
Responsibilities include commissioning and editing content for WEC’s communications media, and managing the production of WEC’s magazines. You will liaise with the editorial team to help generate lively content.
This is a part-time role with flexible hours, perhaps working mostly from home but with opportunities to visit projects and teams.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
This role would suit an individual with experience of journalism, production management and cross-cultural mission, and with exceptional writing skills.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, a strong communicator and with the ability to work to strict deadlines. A relevant degree, fluent spoken and written English. Proven editing and writing ability.
Our ref 10367
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city is London, a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million, of whom 57% consider themselves Christian, but probably 7.91% are evangelical. The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are considered unreached.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. We are committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.