English Programmes Producer – UK
Produce creative, and culturally sensitive audio programmes for Radio Worldwide, WEC's international media ministry based in Leeds. This will involve research, script-writing in English, recording, editing, mixing and final distribution.
Encourage, train and develop other team members in their programme production.
More about Radio Worldwide
Qualities & Gifts Sought
You can communicate well in English. You are able to coordinate a project, and work to deadlines. You have good computer skills.
Our ref 10817
About Radio Worldwide
The Radio Worldwide team enables high quality Christian broadcasting by focusing on training others to create engaging, thought-provoking radio programmes. The goal is audio content which glorifies God and offers hope to listeners.
Radio Worldwide teach skills in broadcasting and radio production, and students learn how to run a real radio station.
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city is London, a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million, of whom 57% consider themselves Christian, but probably 7.91% are evangelical. The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are considered unreached.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. We are committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.