Evangelist and Church Planter – UK Midlands
Work with WEC's Neighbours Worldwide team alongside local churches, to reach the population of a suburb of Birmingham. Make contact door-to-door, distribute DVDs, give hospitality, and start up Bible study groups.
Teach English and use other innovative ways to share the gospel with Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists. Use opportunities to engage local church congregations in the work.
More about Neighbours Worldwide
Qualities & Gifts Sought
Previous experience in pioneer evangelism amongst Muslim people groups would be ideal. The passion to stimulate churches to gain a vision for mission. Training at a reputed Bible College is a definite asset but not essential for a short-term experience.
Our ref 7777
About Teaching English
Want to use your TEFL or TESOL training abroad? Teaching English provides the student with a vital skill, and offers the teacher a chance to build relationships and share the gospel.
You can study English Teaching online, or gain qualifications with one of our partners, ChristianTEFL.org
Jacquie taught English in Guinea-Bissau on a short term mission with WEC. Read Jacquie's story.
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city is London, a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million, of whom 57% consider themselves Christian, but probably 7.91% are evangelical. The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are considered unreached.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. We are committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.