Evangelist / Church Planter – UK Leicester
Work with WEC's Neighbours Worldwide team to evangelise and disciple people of other religions in Leicester. The city is 50% non-Caucasian, and WEC's vision is to partner with existing local churches to help them reach out to Muslim, Hindu and Sikh people.
This would entail a variety of culturally appropriate methods of outreach, and discipling new believers one-to-one and through Bible study groups.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
A heart and calling to befriend and reach people of other cultures and beliefs. Previous experience in relating to people of these cultures is very desirable. Good knowledge of Islam, Hinduism or Sikhism would be a definite asset.
Our ref 7921
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city is London, a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million, of whom 57% consider themselves Christian, but probably 7.91% are evangelical. The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are considered unreached.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. We are committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.