Media Ministry Publicity Officer – UK
Create inspiring copy for publicising and raising the awareness of the work of RW, WEC's international media ministry based in Leeds.
Write, collate and generate content suitable for several publicity platforms and for online interaction and look for new opportunities and strategies for communicating with the Christian UK public.
Maintain regular contact with RW's supporters and prayer partners.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
You have up-to-date social media skills; a good command of English; you are able to coordinate a project and work to deadlines. You enjoy writing articles, advertisements, etc.
You have good digital and admin skills and like to keep abreast of emerging technology.
Our ref 10816
About RW Media Ministry
The RW team enables high quality Christian broadcasting by focusing on training others to create engaging, thought-provoking radio programmes. The goal is audio content which glorifies God and offers hope to listeners.
RW teach skills in broadcasting and radio production, and students learn how to run a real radio station.
Andy and Jackie completed radio training with RW. Read their story.
Visit the RW website.
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city London, is a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union.
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
Religious worldviews and unreached peoples in the UK
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million. 57% profess to be Christian and of those 7.91% are Evangelical. Other main religions and belief systems include: Islam - 4.1%, Hinduism - 2.8%, Pagan religions - 0.7%, Buddhism - 0.4%, Non-religious - 34.5%.
The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are currently unreached with the hope of the gospel.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC in the UK
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. WEC UK is committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team;
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure;
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.
Please pray with us for:
integration and support for refugees and immigrants
– a national awakening
– local churches sharing the good news of Jesus
– youth and childrens' work
[Operation World, 2010 print edition]
You can also pray for the UK using the online resource: Operation World.