Scotland Mobilisation Director – UK
WEC seeks to mobilise for missions, recruit, train, send and care for workers in fellowship with the wider UK church.
You will spearhead WEC’s work throughout Scotland by leading and inspiring a team of volunteer workers, committed to cross-cultural mission, praying for the world, and mobilising Christians for mission and evangelism.
Responsibilities will include defining strategic priorities for WEC’s work in Scotland, direct oversight of mobilisation ministries and developing WEC’s network of prayer support: working towards establishing a WEC presence in every major population centre in Scotland.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
Significant gifting and experience in team leadership and in cross-cultural mission. A passion to recruit people to reach the lost.
Skills in managing people, developing strategy and encouraging effective and new Christian ministries. Experience of overseas mission is helpful. Good social media skills useful.
Our ref 10598
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom and its largest city is London, a global city and financial centre with an urban area population of 10.3 million, the fourth-largest in Europe and second-largest in the European Union. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, respectively. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million, of whom 57% consider themselves Christian, but probably 7.91% are evangelical. The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 32 are considered unreached.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC's work in the UK has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world. We are committed to:
• Partnering with churches all over the UK to mobilise our members into ministry;
• Working cross-culturally to bring immigrant communities into Christian community Neighbours Worldwide;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for world missions, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team
• Offering opportunities for short-term missions exposure
• Ministering to drug and alcohol addicts through the work of Betel;
• Working with churches to run World Adventure kids programmes and summer youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to learn about their place in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic mission books and magazines;
• Hosting Mission & Me days to those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work.