Mission Mobiliser in your area of the UK or Ireland
Inspire churches and individuals to learn about and get more seriously involved in mission. Join our team of mission mobilisers networking across the UK and Ireland.
Develop partnerships with sending churches, promote cross-cultural mission, and mobilise prayer and personnel.
Support WEC’s teams ministering in your region, and cooperate with other mission agency representatives to see churches more engaged with mission.
If you are located anywhere in Wales, Republic of Ireland, East Anglia, Central or Northern England then get in touch.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
A passion to recruit people to reach the lost. Experience of overseas mission is helpful.
Good interpersonal skills and leadership potential. Social media savvy is ideal. Mostly working out from home, could be part-time.
We are particularly looking for those living in East Anglia, South Wales, Scotland, and the North of England.
Our ref 135
This position is unsalaried, as all WEC personnel look to God to provide their personal needs.
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom is London and is the largest city with a population of 10.3m. London is the fourth-largest city in Europe. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
The UK is a developed country and has the world’s fifth-largest economy by GDP. The total area of the UK is approximately 243,610 square kilometres. The country occupies the major part of the British Isles archipelago which includes the Republic of Ireland. The UK has a temperate climate, with plentiful rainfall all year round.
The UK has a constitutional monarchy. King Charles III is the monarch and head of state of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, as well as the Sovereign of 15 other independent Commonwealth countries. The UK has a parliamentary government based on the Westminster system that has been emulated around the world. The Prime Minister, Rishi Sunak, is the UK's head of government. The UK has sovereignty over 17 territories which do not form part of the UK itself (14 British Overseas Territories and three Crown dependencies).
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals: Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast respectively. Each have their own government or executive led by a First Minister.
[Main source: Wikipedia].
Religious worldviews and unreached peoples in the UK
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million.
57% profess to be Christian and of those 7.91% are Evangelical. Other main religions and belief systems include: Islam - 4.1%, Hinduism - 2.8%, Pagan religions - 0.7%, Buddhism - 0.4%, Non-religious - 34.5%.
The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 35 are classified as 'unreached' with little access to the good news of Jesus in their community, language or culture.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC's ministries in the UK
WEC’s primary goal is to take the gospel to the least-reached peoples of the world, and to see churches planted and growing among them. WEC's work in the UK and Ireland has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world, but also of identifying the unreached in our midst.
WEC International is committed to:
• Work cross-culturally among immigrant communities in several cities to see Christian communities established which reflect their cultures through our Neighbours Worldwide teams;
• Encourage and stimulate prayer for cross-cultural mission around the world, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team;
• Partner with churches all over the UK and Ireland to mobilise their congregations into cross-cultural ministry;
• Offer opportunities for short-term cross-cultural missions exposure and pass on the vision;
• Minister to those who suffer from drug and alcohol addictions and plant churches among them through Betel’s teams;
• Train and produce media broadcast content through our Radio Worldwide ministry;
• Work with schools and churches to run children’s programmes and youth camps aiming to bring children to faith and to educate them about their potential to influence God’s world;
Please note that a tier 2 or 5 visa sponsorship would not be available for any of the current UK roles we are advertising.
Please pray with us for – integration and support for refugees and immigrants
– a national awakening
– local churches sharing the good news of Jesus
– youth and childrens' work
[Operation World, 2010 print edition]