Essential pre-field training for anyone working with Third Culture Kids
Good preparation is essential to a positive experience for teachers, house parents, tutors and, most importantly, the children themselves.
Planning and preparation are keys to a successful experience for the MK staff, the school and, most importantly, our children. This training course is currently one of just three inter-mission pre-field orientation (PFO) courses around the world.
- Introduction to Third Culture Kids (TCK's) and the reason for working with TCKs
- Working in an international school, and in cross-cultural and generational teams
- Child protection
- International and Christian education
- Special educational needs
- Specific seminars for teachers, teaching assistants, family tutors, and boarding parents
- The distinct needs of Asian and Latin American TCKs
- English language learning and the TCK’s mother tongue
Speakers from WEC and other agencies will take some seminars, and we will draw on the experiences of MK staff and MKs themselves.
The teaching sessions will take place at the church building.
Choose from one of two courses.
Course 1: 23 July to 3 August 2017
For all staff with a role in a dorm or boarding home, plus all with a teaching role who do not have a teaching qualification.
- Arrive by 6pm on Sunday 2 July
- Leave after breakfast on Thursday 3 August
Course 2: 23-29 July 2017
For all qualified teachers, plus non-teaching staff who will not have a dorm or boarding home role.
- Arrive by 6pm on Sunday 23 July
- Leave after breakfast on Saturday 29 July
Note: 23-29 July will be a joint course. If you are unsure as to which dates to attend, please contact us.
Steve and Gill Bryant are the WEC International MK Consultants and your hosts. They worked for a number of years at Bourofaye Christian School in Senegal, West Africa.
There will be a part-time children’s programme run by experienced children’s workers.
Train: the nearest mainline station is Chippenham (3.6 miles).
Coach: National Express coach from London and Heathrow.
Fuller travel details can be sent on request.
£50 per person (course fee)
£10 per person per day (accommodation and meals)
Accommodation will be provided locally by members of Corsham Baptist Church.
To find out more about this course or to book a place please contact Steve and Gill Bryant:
Telephone: +44 (0)1225 865617
When & Where
Calendar Icon 23 July 2017, 18:00 — 3 August 2017, 10:00 Marker Icon Corsham Baptist Church, Priory Street, Corsham, Wiltshire UK, SN13 0AS
Calendar Icon 23 — 29 July 2017, 18:00 - 10:00 Marker Icon Corsham Baptist Church, Priory Street, Corsham, Wiltshire UK, SN13 OAS