IT Systems Administrator in Netherlands
Cornerstone College in Beugen are needing help to manage their IT services for around 80 people (faculty staff, students and volunteers). Join the community to take responsibility for ensuring essential data and services are constantly available.
• Check backups and other necessary measures are in place;
• guard the security of our IT systems, minimise risks of data breach and unauthorized access;
• oversee the use of all IT facilities on campus, propose upgrades and improvements;
• maintain file server hardware and software, settings, user accounts and permissions;
• administer the college's DNS, website, email servers and Virtual Learning Environment;
• maintain the college's phone network;
• monitor security and performance;
• maintain the college's computer hardware, assess ongoing needs and acquire new equipment;
• maintain other college IT equipment such as network printers and video projectors;
• create and keep up to date technical and user documentation;
• provide IT support for college related issues when requested;
• install and maintain email systems for college use;
• assist in network design and implementation, and offer technical support for projects;
• coordinate students helping with in-house practical IT work.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
You have experience of MS, Mac and Linux systems, and enjoy supporting and training colleagues and students in their use of IT.
You love the Lord Jesus Christ and want to serve others and support mission through your IT knowledge and experience.
You enjoy learning and staying abreast of the latest software and hardware developments.
You will be happy to live in a diverse multi-cultural community, and will enjoy participating in the Christian worship and ministry of the college.
Our ref 456
About Missionary Training Colleges
WEC understands the importance of proper training and preparation for cross-cultural mission. Hence, we have several colleges around the world, which specialise in training Christians for mission.
Teaching includes input on theology and biblical interpretation, along with mentoring, and practical guidance on evangelism, outreach and ministry skills. Hands-on experience of outreach is also a core component of this training, enabling students to put the theory into practice.
With colleges in Brazil, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico, and hopefully one in East Africa soon, residential training is within reach for any aspiring missionary.
Some of these colleges also offer short online modules.
Equipping the mission-minded: read more about our Cross-cultural Training Centres here.
The Netherlands is a country in Western Europe with a population of 17 million.
The European portion of the Netherlands consists of twelve provinces and borders Germany to the east, Belgium to the south, and the North Sea to the northwest, sharing maritime borders in the North Sea with Belgium, the United Kingdom, and Germany.
The five largest cities in the Netherlands are Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht and Eindhoven. Amsterdam is the country's capital, while The Hague holds the seat of the States General and cabinet. The Port of Rotterdam is the largest port in Europe and the world's largest outside East Asia.
Netherlands literally means lower countries, influenced by its low land and flat geography, with only about 50% of its land exceeding one metre above sea level.
With a population density of 414 people per km2 –– the Netherlands is classified as a very densely populated country. Only Bangladesh, South Korea, and Taiwan have both a larger population and higher population density.
Nevertheless, the Netherlands is the world's second-largest exporter of food and agricultural products, after the United States. This is partly due to the fertility of the soil and the mild climate as well as its highly developed intensive agriculture.
[Source Wikipedia. Read more about the Netherlands here]
There are 101 people groups and 21% of these are unreached with the good news of Jesus. 47% profess to be Christian and of these 4.25% are Evangelical.
[Source: Joshua Project]
Pray with us for:
revival that restores the nations belief in the gospel,
the government to be influenced for good,
student and youth work,
migrant ethnic minorities,
a new generation of church leaders.
[Operation World, print edition 2010]
You can also pray online for The Netherlands using Operation World.
In cooperation with local churches, WEC Netherlands wants to equip and send workers among the unreached, to make followers of Jesus, and to plant missional churches.
WEC runs a cross-cultural training college in Beugen called Cornerstone where students from many countries come to study and prepare for missionary service.
WECers are also reaching out to immigrant communities within the Netherlands, in cities like Rotterdam.
Read in Dutch about WEC Netherlands