Christ's love compels us - join us for a relaxing weekend with a difference.
Come and enjoy a warm, friendly atmosphere, uplifting worship, refreshing ministry and wonderful stories of God’s power at work in challenging circumstances.
Be inspired and refreshed by relevant Bible teaching and good fellowship. Expand your horizons through interaction with missionaries. Families are very welcome.
For students with an interest in mission we offer a 50% discount.
We look forward to your company, for what we trust will be a very enjoyable and profitable weekend together.
Our main speakers will be Paul and Ruth. After joining WEC in 2009, Paul and Ruth went to Senegal where they had a church planting ministry among the Wolof people. They are now based at the WEC HQ in Coventry as Deputy UK Directors. Paul is responsible for WEC’s ministries in the UK, and Ruth is Finance Director.
We will have missionary stories from:
- Billy and Hazel erved in Spain for 16 years, returned to the UK and became WEC UK Candidate Secretaries. For the last 17 years they have been working in Ireland and the UK with Betel — WEC’s ministry to addicts. They have had disappointments but many joys as they have seen people restored, transformed and finding true meaning for life in Jesus.
- Maud Kells has served in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) since 1968. Working as a missionary nurse and midwife Maud has also been involved in the training of Congolese nurses in five hospitals and 30 health centres. Maud will share about her recent trip to DRC.
- Philip and Jean were in Senegal for 18 years and more recently served as International Directors for Training and Member Development.
- Judith and Avisai are new workers en-route to serve in southeast Asia.
- Wayne and Susan and their three children are preparing to relocate to serve the Lord in Spain
The organisers of the fellowship weekend are Paul and Julie Swaffield, coordinators for WEC International Ireland.
Glenada is nestled under the Mountains of Mourne overlooking Dundrum Bay. All 29 bedrooms are en suite with TV, phone, hairdryer and hospitality tray. Two rooms are suitable for disabled guests, and the upstairs rooms are served with a lift. Facilities include a comfortable residents’ lounge overlooking the sea.
- Friday 18 May Rooms will be accessible from 6:30pm. Arrive by 7:45pm for evening meeting at 8pm. (An evening meal at 6pm can be booked, please indicate on the booking form — the evening meal is £11.30 per person). Supper is served from 9pm.
- Saturday 19 May Two morning meetings at 10am and 11:30am. After lunch, guests are free until the 4:30pm seminar. Dinner will be served before the 7pm meeting.
- Sunday 20 May Worship service at 10:30am, followed by lunch.
Travel options: Newcastle is approximately 30 miles from Belfast at the end of the A24, and approximately 85 miles from Dublin. The nearest train station is in Newry just over 20 miles away, where there is a regular bus to Newcastle. Those coming by bus can be picked up at the bus station; call 07778 559352
Day visitors will be welcome to the meetings, but will need to book their meals through Julie Swaffield well in advance.
Photo: Flickr Creative Commons
When & Where
Newcastle, Northern Ireland
Calendar Icon This event has passed Marker Icon Glenada Holiday & Conference Centre, Newcastle, County Down, Northern Ireland BT33 0EX