To see as God sees - join us for a relaxing weekend with a difference.
Come and enjoy a warm, friendly atmosphere, uplifting worship, refreshing ministry and wonderful stories of God’s power at work in challenging circumstances.
Be inspired and refreshed by relevant Bible teaching and good fellowship. Expand your horizons through interaction with missionaries. Families are very welcome. For students with an interest in mission we offer a 50% discount.
We look forward to your company, for what we trust will be a very enjoyable and profitable weekend together.
Our main speakers will be Peter and Anna. They served in the Middle East for over 22 years working with a local church, Bible teaching, team building, and producing an evangelistic magazine. Peter and Anna joined the Cornerstone Missionary Training College staff in the Netherlands in 2014 where Peter teaches Bible, Theology and Missions, and Anna works in Administration. Peter and Anna have two children, Owen and Rita.
We will have missionary stories from:
- John and Audrey served in India before joining Neighbours Worldwide to work among the unreached minorities in the UK.
- Judith and Avisai (from NI and Mexico) are our new workers preparing to serve in southeast Asia.
- Dave Birmingham and his wife Beth have been living and working in the Betel residential centre in Dublin, providing a home and a community where people struggling with addictions can find restoration, transformation and a real sense of purpose in Jesus.
- Maud Kells has served in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo since 1968. Working as a missionary nurse and midwife Maud has also been involved in the training of Congolese nurses in five hospitals and 30 health centres. She was awarded the OBE on 21 May 2015.
The organisers of the fellowship weekend are Paul and Julie Swaffield, coordinators for WEC International Ireland.
Glenada is nestled under the Mountains of Mourne overlooking Dundrum Bay. All 29 bedrooms are en suite with TV, phone, hairdryer and hospitality tray. Two rooms are suitable for disabled guests, and the upstairs rooms are served with a lift. Facilities include a comfortable residents’ lounge overlooking the sea.
- Friday 19 May Rooms will be accessible from 6:30pm. Arrive by 7:45pm for evening meeting at 8pm. (An evening meal at 6pm can be booked, please indicate on the booking form — the evening meal is £11.25 per person). Supper is served from 9pm.
- Saturday 20 May Two morning meetings at 10am and 11:30am. After lunch, guests are free until the 4:30pm seminar. A high tea will be served before the 7pm meeting.
- Sunday 21 May Worship service at 10:30am, followed by lunch.
Travel options: Newcastle is approximately 30 miles from Belfast at the end of the A24, and approximately 85 miles from Dublin. The nearest train station is in Newry just over 20 miles away, where there is a regular bus to Newcastle. Those coming by bus can be picked up at the bus station; call 0777 855 9352
Day visitors will be welcome to the meetings, but will need to book their meals through Julie Swaffield well in advance.
Photo: Flickr Creative Commons
When & Where
Newcastle, Northern Ireland
Calendar Icon 19 — 21 May 2017, 18:00 - 14:30 Marker Icon Glenada holiday & Conference Centre, Newcastle, County Down, Northern Ireland BT33 0EX