Camp Kitchen Staff for Summer 2023
Join a team of WEC Camps staff preparing meals at our camp for children and young people under canvas on fields between Criccieth and Pwllheli on the Gwynedd coast.
WEC Camps aim to give young people of all backgrounds a life-changing experience. The Teen Camp (13-17) and Warrior Camp (9-13) both have a strong Christian ethos, combining Bible teaching, a world mission focus and lots of good fun.
Help out with other tasks like doing cleaning, teaching craft or sewing, organising outdoor sports and games, cover life guarding or other security duties, first aid, administration or maintenance.
You have a choice of two weeks in August 2023.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
You enjoy serving through practical ministry. No catering qualifications needed, but food hygiene training certification is appreciated.
Must be 17 or over to apply (no upper age limit).
Safeguarding checks will be required.
Our ref 171
more about WEC Camps
About United Kingdom
The capital of the United Kingdom is London and is the largest city with a population of 10.3m. London is the fourth-largest city in Europe. Other major urban areas in the UK include Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester.
The UK is a developed country and has the world’s fifth-largest economy by GDP. The total area of the UK is approximately 243,610 square kilometres. The country occupies the major part of the British Isles archipelago which includes the Republic of Ireland. The UK has a temperate climate, with plentiful rainfall all year round.
The UK has a constitutional monarchy. King Charles III is the monarch and head of state of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, as well as the Sovereign of 15 other independent Commonwealth countries. The UK has a parliamentary government based on the Westminster system that has been emulated around the world. The Prime Minister, Rishi Sunak, is the UK's head of government. The UK has sovereignty over 17 territories which do not form part of the UK itself (14 British Overseas Territories and three Crown dependencies).
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have devolved administrations based in their capitals: Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast respectively. Each have their own government or executive led by a First Minister.
[Main source: Wikipedia].
Religious worldviews and unreached peoples in the UK
The population of the UK is around 65.4 million.
57% profess to be Christian and of those 7.91% are Evangelical. Other main religions and belief systems include: Islam - 4.1%, Hinduism - 2.8%, Pagan religions - 0.7%, Buddhism - 0.4%, Non-religious - 34.5%.
The UK contains around 105 distinct people groups, of whom 34 are classified as 'unreached' with little access to the good news of Jesus in their community, language or culture.
[source Joshua Project]
WEC's ministries in the UK
WEC’s primary goal is to take the gospel to the least-reached peoples of the world, and to see churches planted and growing among them. WEC's work in the UK and Ireland has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world, but also of identifying the unreached in our midst.
WEC International is committed to:
• Working cross-culturally among immigrant communities in several cities to see Christian communities established which reflect their cultures through our Neighbours Worldwide teams;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for cross-cultural mission around the world, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team;
• Partnering with churches all over the UK and Ireland to mobilise their congregations into cross-cultural ministry;
• Offering opportunities for short-term cross-cultural missions exposure and pass on the vision;
• Ministering to those who suffer from drug and alcohol addictions and plant churches among them through Betel’s teams;
• Training and producing media broadcast content through our Radio Worldwide ministry;
• Working with schools and churches to run children’s programmes and youth camps which aim to bring children to faith and to learn about their potential role in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic websites, magazines, pamphlets, Bible Studies, books and social media material to share the vision;
• Hosting events and courses for those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work or to pray for mission.
Please pray with us for: – integration and support for refugees and immigrants – a national awakening – local churches sharing the good news of Jesus – youth and childrens' work [Operation World, 2010 print edition]
You can also pray for the UK using the online resource: Operation World.