WEC is with you every step of the way. READ ON ...
- Once you and our mobilisers have agreed that you are ready to start your application process, a Short Term administrator will help you to find a placement with a WEC team and guide you through the process of preparing for the placement. We will ask you to complete a few forms before we arrange for you to be interviewed face to face.
- We will prepare you for your placement by asking you to attend a three-day, residential orientation, where you will be taught by experienced and well qualified teachers. There will be opportunities to meet and chat with seasoned missionaries and plenty of time for you to ask questions.
- Once you leave home, we will continue to support you from the UK, through our Member Care Hub. On your placement, you will be linked with a mentor who will support you and help you settle into the local ministry.
- We want you to thrive while you are away, so we will provide you with the discipleship material for study and reflection. You will also receive further orientation from members of your team.
- On your return home, you will be offered a confidential debrief. This is a chance for you to share as many of your experiences from your mission trip as you want to. The Member Care Hub will stay in touch with you for a further three months as you settle back into life at home.